Author: Alejandro Ochoa
Date: January 16th, 2024
Environmental details: Jama Connect® Cloud
The following article provides tips and information for setting up Jama Connect Interchange™ with Jira for the first time.
- To ensure successful synchronization between Jira and Jama, the Jira account must have read and write access to all the relevant Jira projects and items. Additionally, the Jira account must have a dedicated email address. To authenticate the Jira account, you will need to provide the Jira URL along with the email address linked to the Jira account, and an API token associated with the Jira user.
- The API token is associated with the API token, and log in as the integration user. the integration account.
- It is not possible to generate an API token in Jira programmatically. The only way to do this is by logging into Jira as the service account user.
- API tokens are the only supported authentication method for Jira Cloud via Jama Connect Interchange.
- If SSO is enabled, the service account needs permission to authenticate with your SSO application from your IT department.
Please feel free to leave feedback in the comments below.