Author: Luis Prudoth
Date: December 26, 2023
This article outlines how to create new items using One-Way Excel Import.
1. As a recommendation and to avoid confusion as a beginner, validate the Item´s field structure and the names of the fields. For this example, we will use the following structure as a guidance:
2. Open a blank excel
3. Create the essential columns and insert your content similar to the example below:
Note: You can use the original field´s name for your columns in the file or rename it if you feel confident with it.
4. Create the item type folder set in the explorer tree
5. Right-click over the created folder set and then click the Import option.
6. Upload the Excel file on the first screen and click Next.
7. In Step 1 of 4 (second screen of the Data Import Wizard), leave the Excel Header Row as one because our header or column’s title is in that first row of our Excel file. It allows us to show that content in the Mapping drop list. Then click Next to the rest of the screens until you reach the screen named Import Successful!