Author: Riya Ray
Date: October 26, 2023
Environmental details: Have an incorrect Docker version installed on your server.
This document will outline the steps to downgrade Docker.
- Uninstall the current Docker version and its corresponding packages from the system. Follow the steps for your corresponding server type, as the document outlines.
- Once Docker is uninstalled, ensure to delete all the corresponding images, containers, and volumes by executing the below commands:
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/docker
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/containerd
- Once Docker is removed, please reboot your system.
- To list all available Docker packages, run the below command:
sudo apt-cache policy docker-engine
- From the above results, select and copy the package name of the Docker version you want to install and then run the below command:
sudo apt-get install -y docker-package-name
- Docker with the desired version should now be installed.
Sometimes, users have already installed a Docker version on their servers, which is higher than the version compatible with Jama Connect. Incompatible Supported Software versions are also not in the scope of Support.
- Downgrade Docker