|I ran into a problem setting up my new Jama Connect KOTS environment. What should I do?||If you run into issues during installation, stop what you're doing, and follow these steps:
1. Review the system requirements and supported software to ensure you're meeting the requirements.
2. Review the database server requirements to ensure you set up and configured the databases correctly.
3. Ensure your database server and application server can access each other.
If these components are configured correctly, contact Jama Software Customer Support for help.
|I ran into a problem while installing KOTS and I have Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) enabled. Is that okay?||
When you install Jama Connect, you must disable SELinux.
To see if SELinux is enabled:
|I ran into a problem while installing KOTS and I have my firewall enabled. Is that okay?||
When you install Jama Connect, you must disable the firewall.
To see if your firewall is enabled:
|How do I know my databases are set up and configured correctly?||
If you followed the database configuration requirements, you'll have three databases.
To confirm the list of databases:
|When I run commands from the CLI, I see the message "Error: permission denied." How can I fix this?||Use the sudo command during installation to ensure you are running commands as an admin.|
|I used an IP address during installation for my servers and I encountered problems. Is this supported?||No; only fully-qualified domain names are supported in KOTS.|
|I see the message "Problem: provisioning is in an unexpected state: error.” How can I fix this?||Confirm that your Elasticsearch variables are correctly set in the etc/sysctl.conf file:
If you don't get a result, set the variables:
|Provisioning my tenant failed, and the KOTS Admin Console shows my application is unavailable. How can I fix this?||
In most cases, an error indicating failure to provision a tenant means you need to perform a new installation.
2. If Elasticsearch restarts or crashes, confirm that your Elasticsearch variables are correctly set in the etc/sysctl.conf file:
If you don’t get a result, set the variables:
3. Delete all Kubernetes pods:
4. In the console of your database, replace <database_name> with the name of the Jama Connect database created during the previous configuration:
Please sign in to leave a comment.