Ryan Saul April 24, 2013 •
We here at Jama Support value customer service above everything else. Our goal is to solve your problems and answer your questions as best we can. We strive to answer every question either through our support ticket system or on our forums as quickly as possible. If your problem needs attention immediately, don't hesitate to call! Please see our numbers and business hours for your area on the right.
Please check out our "Current Version" post below for all the information you need to keep your Jama installation up-to-date!
Not sure where to start? Visit our forums, which include a General Q&A section!
Matt Mickle December 30, 2013 •
Aaron Perillat October 30, 2013 •
Download the latest version here
Fall 2013 release (4.2.7) was updated on February 04, 2014.
For a complete list of Release Notes click here
See our upgrade quick guide for quick-and-easy steps to upgrading to version 4.2.7!
See our complete, updated User Guide.
- When upgrading from previous Contour versions, the Index folder must be deleted. This will prevent errors from occurring.
- Session timeouts are no longer handled through the web.xml file. Session timeouts can now be configured using the root system administrator’s System Properties page.
- If your organization uses LDAP or Crowd to set up users in Jama, and you are interested in allowing people outside of Jama to be invited into discussions using Stream, please contact Jama Support.
- Floating Collaborator and Review licenses have been deprecated. However, current license types will continue to work.
- New 30-day Creator licenses will be assigned to users outside of Jama when they are invited to a discussion. The license will have full Creator capabilities, but will expire at the end of 30 days. Users will need to be assigned a permanent license to continue using Jama.
- Internet Explorer 10 is currently supported.
Ryan Saul June 25, 2013 •
As part of the upgrade process completed on June 23, 2013, our Jama servers were moved to a new data center. Because of this, the IP address for these servers has changed. We want to notify all JIRA users and let you know that you will want to update the firewall settings for the JIRA connector. The new IP addresses are:
||New IP Address
Atlassian OnDemand customers will not be affected by this change.
(Last updated March 6th, 2014)
Ryan Saul June 14, 2013 •
- Which browsers are supported?
- FireFox 3.6 and above
- Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10
- Google Chrome
- Which operating systems are supported?
- Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server, 2008 Server, Vista, 7, 8
- Mac OS X
- Which servers are supported?
- Which versions of Java are supported?
- Which operating systems can the server be run on?
- Windows Server 2003 and above
- Mac OS X
- Which databases are supported?
- MySQL 5.0, 5.1 and 5.5
- Oracle 10g and 11g
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008. SQL Server 2012 is currently unsupported.
- Do you support SSL?
- What software solutions does Jama integrate with, and what versions are supported?
- Atlassian JIRA version 5.x-6.x
- Rally API version 1.43 or above
- Atlassian Crowd Connector versions up to and including 2.6
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server version 2012
- Enterprise Architect Connector version compatibility:
|Version of Jama
|| Version of EA Connector
|| Version of EA
|2.9.5 - 2.9.6
||7.5 and 8.0
|2.9.7 - 2.9.9
|3.0.1 - 3.0.4
|3.0.1 - 3.1+
||8.0 and 9.0